Friday, January 10, 2014

Pad Thai, Ice Cream, and My Sink

Confession - I love Asian food.  Chinese, Thia, Japanese, Korean.... I love it all.  So many yummy flavors and colors.  And, most of it is easily vegan-ized. 
Tonight, I had amazing homemade Asian food, which makes it even better.  Feast your eyes on THIS:


Cheater Pad Thai from Happy Herbivore
"Cheater" Pad Thai Sauce
Makes 2 Servings

Ingredients:
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp sweet red chili Asian sauce
1/4 tsp granulated garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp hot sauce, or to taste

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp of warm water, soy sauce, peanut butter, chili sauce, garlic powder, ginger and hot sauce together until combined. It may appear too runny at first, but it's not.
2. Taste, adding more hot sauce if desired.

Use to coat rice noodles, tofu, as a salad topper, or even in a vegetable stir fry!

I served this with some stir fry veggies and bean threads.  These are super simple to make - just soak in water!  How simple is that??  Love easy....


I did make a few changes here.  I doubled the recipe, as I wanted a few more servings.  Also, I used spicy peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co.   This made the dish a little more spicy. 

 


Also, I accidentally picked up regular red pepper sauce instead of sweet red pepper sauce.  Which isn't a huge deal for my family, since we love spicy....  In spite of my changes, I'd say the dish went over well:

 Now, while I was at the store, I decided I would treat my husband to some dessert, since he always asks for something.  I picked up two Rice Dream vanilla nutty bars.  In my rush to get dinner to Hubby, I forgot his at home :(  I had mine though, and it was pretty darn good. 


I'd say dinner was a win.  And any time I can say that, I think it's been a pretty good day.

Now, my sink.  It's still shiny, thanks to following the steps from FLYLady.  Working on getting out of CHAOS. 

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to share - I look forward to hearing from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment