Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Shining My Sink...

So, this is unrelated to food....mostly.  The only thing this has to do with food is that it happened in the kitchen.  I came upon this website and started thinking that I haven't made any New Year's resolutions yet.  So, my resolutions:
  1. Be more committed to eating plant based.  I feel so great when I'm really sticking to it, then I slip up and think, "Man, cheesy tots sound sooooo good."  So I get them, with onions of course, and then I feel sick for the rest of the day.  I don't eat dairy regularly anymore... not even occasionally.  Only sometimes.  And I am sick for days after.  (I won't go into details because... well, we don't know each other that well yet.)
  2. Follow the baby steps found at the site listed above.  I read around on the site and watched - what I assume to be - an inspirational video about following this program.  I decided that CHAOS is exactly where I am and I want out. 
  3. Run a full 5k.  I did a 5k in December.  I trained for a couple months.  I decided my goal was to finish and to not come in last.  I did that.  I finished in what I think was the top 25% and came in just under 30 minutes.  Not bad.  But I didn't run the whole thing.  I had injured myself in my training and was able to run about 3/4 of the 5k.  That all being said, I want to RUN a 5k.  I will resume training once I am fully healed - which running again 2 weeks after my 5k didn't help that process any.

So, tonight, I shined my sink.  Day one - complete.  :)


If you are interested in following this process with me, you can find the baby steps here.

No comments:

Post a Comment