Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It Started Like Any Other Day...

I woke up to go to work this morning and felt terrible :-\  I was up too late (again), and I was obviously paying for it.  But, by lunch time, the day had turn around.  And so, here I am. 
So, yesterday, I gave a quick run down of who I am.  Today we'll be going over what I intend to do with this blog.  Enjoy :)

I will be posting recipes and pictures of the easy and yummy vegetarian/vegan food my husband and I make.  It is HARD to change your lifestyle, whatever the reason you choose to change.  When I had first started talking to my husband about changing to a vegan/plant based diet, he was totally no-go.  It took lots of information and discussions for him to agree to this.  On one condition.  We do a juice fast first.  His logic?  By the end of it, he'd be willing to eat anything, even something without meat.  So we did a juice fast for 7 days.  Not the longest, but not the shortest either.  It was actually very easy.  By the third day, we weren't hungry at all, we weren't feeling deprived of anything.  (As a side note, if you ever decide to do a juice fast, avoid tubule juice like the plague.  Trust me.)  That began in February, and here we are, months later, primarily plant based.  All of our meals at home are plant based - no cheese or eggs - while some of what we get when we eat out isn't.  I've given up meat entirely, although my husband still will have his steak if it becomes available. 

That brings me to another point.  You have to make this decision for your self.  No one can force you into it, and you can't force others into it.  Don't try.  It will be the root of many arguments and much unhappiness if you do. 

Another thing this blog will feature is ... well, mostly just a log that I am working out and being healthy.  Feel free to submit comments on that point...

So that's it.  Food and exercise.  Also, I'm not sure about the blog name.  If there are any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment