Saturday, August 31, 2013

Engine 2 Diet - Picadillo Pick Ax Burrito

  Two posts in one day - I must be crazy!!  Not really.  We just had an amazing dinner I wanted to share. http://engine2diet.com/).  I decided to check out the book at my library and try out a few of the recipes.  I'm pretty sure I'll be rechecking it for a while - the book is full of stories and info about transitioning to a plant based diet.  There are helpful tips and great recipes.
 As you know, I am following a plant based diet, which means no meat, and no animal products (milk, eggs, cheese, etc).  I've been hearing people RAVE about the delicious recipes in the Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn.


  So, tonight, I made the Picadillo Pick Ax Burritos.  I was a little skeptical, but hey, I'm all for trying new things.  I told Hubby my plan and he was pretty cool with the idea, which was a surprise.  One thing you must know about Hubby is that he loves to cook and make food.  Another is that he does not see following a recipe as "making food," so he's normally against cooking from a recipe.
  Now, using meat substitutes isn't new to me...but for some reason, I never thought to season it!  I must be dense, I know.  I mean, I use spices and things, but I've mostly just used it in soups and chili and things where the spices are mixed in.  So, this recipe tells you to use a big heaping amount of spice RIGHT ON THE MEAT!!  Why did I never think of this?? Rip, you're a genius.
  Now, I don't think it would be good of me to post a recipe that they haven't made public (besides in the book), but I will post a few pictures for you to enjoy.


  Pick up your copy of The Engine 2 Diet at your local book store.  I assure you, you will not regret it.  As always, thanks for coming.  If you have questions or comments, feel free to post below.  I'll get back to you as soon as I can.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment